Privacy & Terms
Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information from you only when you choose to share it with us; that is, when you make use of services available on the Web site. These services include the mailing list, comment forms, and online sales.
- We collect personal information from you as follows:
- When you sign up for the mailing list or wish to e-mail a site page to a friend, we ask for your name, location and e-mail address.
- When you wish to submit a comment in the Web site's feedback area, we ask for your name, location and e-mail address. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions 'General Use' section 'Contributing comments to the Web site' for further details (below).
- When you place an online purchase order, we ask for your name, mailing address, and your e-mail address. If you elect to pay by credit card, a third-party service will manage your financial transactions.
- When you submit a bid for sponsor-a-link advertising, we ask your name, e-mail address and the URL of the Web site you wish to advertise. If your ad is accepted, and you elect to pay by credit card or money transfer, a third-party service will manage your financial transactions.
If you submit feedback to the site, please observe that we will store in our database the information you provide (name, location and e-mail address) for the indefinite period that your comments appear on the Web site. We will not, however, include your e-mail address in promotional mailings, unless you have also joined the mailing list.
Unless specifically labeled otherwise, any feedback you provide at this Web site (via comment forms, e-mails) shall be deemed non-confidential. Transistor Chicago will have no obligation to protect such information.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's permission prior to providing personal information to the Web site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide the Web site with personal information.
When you supply any personal information to the Web site, we comply with legal obligations in the way we use the data. Except as required by law, we will maintain the confidentiality of all personal information transmitted to it by the user.
We will not release to any third party any personal information you disclose, except in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process, subpoenas or court orders served on Transistor Chicago, (2) protect and defend the rights of Transistor Chicago, (3) facilitate efforts to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, actual fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our terms & conditions, or as otherwise required by the law.
Promotional e-mails and opting out
Transistor Chicago may from time to time communicate with registered users (e.g., members of the mailing list) via e-mail regarding products and promotions as follows:
- Only Transistor Chicago will send you these communications.
- If you do not want to receive such information, simply notify us by opting-out of future correspondence. We will provide you clear instructions on how to opt out in the welcome e-mail we send you and in subsequent correspondence you may receive.
Third-party Web sites
Web sites we link to, including but not limited to the sites of our service providers, may have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites and encourage you to become acquainted with those policies.
Confidentiality and Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Questions and comments
We welcome your input. If you have a question or comment please e-mail us:
Terms & conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions ('Terms') carefully as they contain the legal Terms and Conditions that you ('You') agree to when you access and use this Web site.
1. By accessing this Web site, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following Terms, please do not access and/or use this Web site.
2. Please review these Terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Web site after changes have been posted will mean that you agree to be legally bound by the Terms as updated and/or amended.
3. You agree to use this Web site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Web site. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue and commerce within this Web site.
4. Please note that all material on this Web site is protected by copyright. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, make available to the public, or otherwise use Web site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Web site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Web site content requires the prior written permission of Transistor Chicago or, in the case of the photographs, the copyright-holding photographer.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. Web site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Transistor Chicago, its products and services, or to third-party products and services, is provided 'as is' and on an 'is available' basis, without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances shall Transistor Chicago be liable for any of the following losses or damage, whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise: (1) loss of data; (2) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (3) loss of business; (4) loss of opportunity; (5) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (6) losses suffered by third parties; or (7) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web site, regardless of the form of action.
7. Transistor Chicago does not warrant that Web site functions will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Web site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. Although Transistor Chicago has attempted to provide accurate information on the Web site, Transistor Chicago assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information.
9. While the Web site provides links to other Internet sites, please observe that Transistor Chicago is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, opinions, advice or statements made on those sites, nor shall Transistor Chicago be liable for any losses or damages you may incur in using those sites.
10. The names, images and logos identifying Transistor Chicago or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks. Nothing contained in these Terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, design right, patent or copyright of Transistor Chicago or any other third party.
Contributing comments to the Web site
11. Transistor Chicago welcomes, and will publish in accordance with the Terms enumerated below (and editorial criteria detailed elsewhere on the site), your comments about the Web site and Transistor Chicago.
Comments containing or promoting any disruptive, offensive or abusive behavior will not be published.
Comments containing unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, libelous, or otherwise objectionable material will not be published. Comments submitted with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act are strictly prohibited.
Comments containing commercial advertisements of any kind will not be published.
Comments must not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If you know of a Web site that is relevant to the comment you are contributing, you may include it in your comment, but Transistor Chicago may, as it sees fit, exercise the right to not publish the URL.
Comments containing specific personal information of any individual, including yourself, (e.g., telephone numbers, mailing addresses) will not be published.
When contributing a comment you must provide a name. You are not obligated to use your given or legal name, but the name you use, if you prefer a pseudonym, must not be vulgar or offensive, and it must be your own; impersonation is prohibited. Anonymous submissions are welcome; simply type 'anon' or 'anonymous' in the 'your name' field when submitting a comment anonymously.
Users aged 16 or under need a parent/guardian's permission before submitting any Web site comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to submit comments.
The views expressed in the Web site comment area are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Transistor Chicago.
Bona fide requests to remove defamatory content will be honored, although Transistor Chicago can offer no guarantee as to time scale.
Breaches of Terms
All comments submitted to the Web site are subject to review and may or may not be published on the site. Unless you specifically request one, no explanation will be provided for comments that are not published on the site.
12. If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Questions and comments
We welcome your input. If you have a question or comment please e-mail us: